Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My holiday





Nope, not to Hong Kong (unfortunately). But via the same flight that transit at Bangkok(which is our stop).



Thanks to Carol who gave me a pair of tickets that was originally given to her by UOB Travel Planners for booking of her wedding dinner with UOB Card.



Even though the arrangement was pretty hasty, I knew I wanted a holiday.



So here I am, back from Bangkok and away from my daily diet of tom yum koong and phad thai.



Daily events



It started with a nice, sumptuous, complimentary  meal provided by the friendly staff of Cathay Pacific.







Afterwhich and a couple hours of boring inflight TV, we arrived that the new Bangkok Airport. Is it me or are all other surrounding cities airports look much more nicer than ours?







The passage way to immigration are lined with gigantic sculptures that looks like a huge pear and a very uncomfortable high heel shoe.







And they totally ensure you don't get to play football around there...







I've always heard that one should take the lightest local food/drink to slowly acclimatize.



So we chose this...







A potent 7-in-1 that is sure to make your mind crap in your pants...

.

.

.

Well it didn't. And it tastes pretty good. :)





Next post: To the hotel





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: