Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Update

For once I finally have the time to sit down in front of my PC and continue to update my blog, even though I'm suffering from a terrible headache right now.



Life has been really hectic for me recently. Work also seemed to be taking a toil on me that I'm still nursing a bad throat that wouldn't go away even after finishing my entire course of medicine.



For those who don't know, I'm in the recruitment industry. With market picking up, I'm finding ourselves under-strength and missing out on so many opportunities. And witnessing competitors pacing past me is like rubbing salt into wounds. So I'm spending tonnes of time now exploring big volume opportunities like government tenders.



It's the first time I did a tender and I finally appreciate all the time and efforts spent on my past uni projects. It's pretty similar and it sure helps.



Even if it wasn't awarded to us, it's a good learning process.



On the other hand, I still have a spare workstation to fill. With the market being so good now, it sure isn't easy to get good people.



If you know of any interested people who wants to be Recruitment Consultant, feel free to get them to get in touch with me.



Good thing is I am getting great help from our very first temp. He works very quick and we managed to sort out the mess in our payroll system within a week



On a positive note, our sign broads are finally up... after waiting for loooonng 6 weeks.



School



My class resumed two days ago and motivation is at an all-time low. Although I believe these two modules would be more interesting, I just don't feel the same vibe in the new PSB campus.



Maybe it's the old-folks residential area that surrounds it, maybe it's the old school feel to the campus, I don't know. Maybe it's everything that is old all around that makes one so depressing going to school.



Still I have to slough through this. But I'm quite sure my studying days are over. There goes my MBA plan.



Housing



My new home is very much a work-in-progress. Work had stopped for a week as I sourced for a new electrician. The one that my ID had recommended was obviously trying to con us. For mainly extension works, a few new points and a new DB box, he wanted to charge us for 2.7k.



Separately we managed get another to quote us for 2.4k and this is total new rewiring, with 3 years warranty no less.



Electrical work started yesterday and should conclude by Friday. After that my contractor would take over and put in all the console, wardrobe and stuff before painting.



I think we should be able to move in by mid June hopefully.



Holiday



My wife and I will be heading to Bangkok (again) next Sat for 4 days. This is 2 days after she come back from her Hong Kong trip from this Sat. She is damn happy lor. Machiam like a stewardess.



Half of my mind should still be in the office worrying over necessary and unnecessary things but this time at least I have a laptop to bring along.



Still it would be a good break for me to recharge myself and outline my (company) plan for the new financial year.



.

.

.

.

.

That's all folks!





Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

iemuhs said...

If you haven't recover from your sore throat by monday, we can go and eat something else instead of BK lah.. haha, also better for me, prob less fattening. We'll see, ok? :)