Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hong Kong Prelude

To accustom myself to facing HK food for the 4 straight days, I've been on the lookout for bagus HK food in Singapore. My aim is to try all if possible. Then I'll have cheap Mac Donald over there.

And guess what, there is a new cafe right in the middle of Tampines Central! And they are also called Central! *gasps*

One thing I can never understand about HK food is why are they so blooding expensive. It can be normal Coke with lemon that costs maybe normally $1.20? But put in the word Hong Kong, somemore the coke with lemon will speak Cantonese and tells you $3.



But I think these kind of restaurant are on the right business track. There's a superbly popular one at East Coast. About same price(e.g $8 for a plate of beef hor fun).

My wife had this nissin noodle(Can't understand their obsession with instant noodle) with a fried egg and luncheon meat.



And you can never guess what's so special about this fried rice of mine. It's called Durian Fried Rice.



I think this bready side dish is the closest you can get to an authetic HK dish at this place.



Still, it's pretty interesting. Worth a try, esp with the extra progress share on hand.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

This is FAR from the actual HongKong cuisine. Please do yourself and Annie a favour and not eat at McDonald's there lah! Ok, but just once. Because every McDonald's in the world has a different menu. HK's Mac has got better desserts. :p