Monday, August 21, 2006

National Day Rally's Speech

Did anyone try to catch this year's NDP Rally's Speech? Oh man, this must be the boring-est NDP Rally speech I have ever endured.

I had to flip over to the match between Man U and Fulham to keep myself awake.

The reiteration(or nagging) of what we already know. Invite foreigners, make more babies, take whatever jobs we can come across. I'm surprised he didn't rally for more Singaporeans to become entrepreneurs.

Maybe he did but I was distracted by Rooney's 2nd goal.

And like what most people predicted, yes no freebies this year (The GE was just over, what you expect). We might be having free internet but you gotta wait a few years.

It reminds me of the motivational speech we had from this speaker during high school. Oh he's good. Really make you reflect and think about making changes to your life. But just like orgasm, it lasted only so long (or til he steps out). Then it's business as usual.

And I think the same problems were mentioned last year which makes me wonder what were the government doing last year.

Before I be labelled another whiney Singaporeans who doesn't provide constructive suggestions, here's one. Rental is way too high. Even hawker has to raise prices. Add ripple effects, everything also become expensive. Everything but our salary (strangely).

And those people that they interview about their feedbacks on the speech:

Oh, I didn't know this or that was so important/existed until the speech.

Hmmm. Must they interview people who just wake up after the speech and gives just brainless replies. It's like they never read the news at all for the past year.

Or their mind was still on that Rooney's 2nd goal....

No comments: