Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Inline skating

I was at East Coast Park on Saturday waiting for my wife to join me for dinner. I was beside the beginner's rink,  watching & admiring people rollerblading, and there are people blading along the park too.

It was about 12 years ago when I first picked up this sport. Roller blade was just introduced (or invented even) and there was only one brand - Rollerblade. I got my first pair and it cost about 400 bucks.

Yes, it was a killer price tag when one is 15 years old.

But I never regretted it. Whenever I put it on, I just feel so "free". Gliding along places you would otherwise never discover. I had even went blading alone in the wee hours from Tampines to Pasir Ris. Via the highway somemore. Somehow the possibilty of me tripping and rolling down the road never occured to me.

Anyway, it stoked my passion for blading again on Saturday. I realised it is the one sport that I truly enjoy and need not go through the frustration of coordination(football).

So I've decided. I'm going to pursue this to the next level. I'm going to get myself certified.

And this should keep me occupied enough to stop grumbling about how boring my life is for sometime.

Lessons anyone?

No comments: