Monday, February 19, 2007

Best way to start a (Chinese) New Year

I think there is something about me and new year. It wasn't pleasant the first round, it sure ain't any better this morning.

It began when I start to hear a repetitive flipping sound. Oh dear. Problem with the car on the day I needed to use it the most(Btw, my original itinerary consists of Tampines -> Hougang -> Choa Chu Kang -> Woodlands -> West Coast -> Tampines)

It turn out to be a puncture of my tire.

2nd day of CNY. Where the hell could I get help.

Went to Ubi and made rounds and rounds before very luckily chanced upon a half-open workshop that actually do tires.



I had read Mr Brown's blog about this punctured tire and was thinking that it be at most another $20 for me.

Unfortunately things were never so simple for me.



So how, mysteriously, the entire metal portion of a brand new screwdriver got pierced into my tire. The damage was so huge that a patch can't do the trick. I gotta change the entire tire.

$100...

Not only the tire got screwed, I got screwed too...



Still I'm grateful that the uncle at Ban Seng Tyre Services was opened when I needed them the most. Or maybe I should thank his friend who made him open his shop in the first place due to two punctured tires.

No comments: