Monday, March 12, 2007

Bedroom set

If there's one thing I've learned from all the sourcing of home furnishing, it is that being patient would really pay off.

We'd been too rushy and bought a bedroom set for my mum's room from the new Novena showroom a week ago. There wasn't much range to choose from and somehow the idea of trying somewhere else didn't strike me.

So we bought something like this, part of their White Collection.




Well, the one we bought were a little nicer. And it includes a vanity table set and a sliding door wardrobe. It cost $1,888. The stool (for the vanity table) and one more side table(it came with one only) were only given to us after much persuasion(especially the latter one)

And yesterday we dropped by Star Furniture at Toh Guan Road.

I saw this:



With a price tag of $1,499. And the stool plus the extra side table is listed in the package. Trust me, it looks much better than it does in this picture.

I'm beginning to wonder what other stuffs I might have overpaid for.

So I'm quite glad that I wasn't mesmerize again when I saw this nice sofa set that carried an after discount price of $2600.



The one I wanted to get is in brown. So as to match the same color coffee table that I had bought impulsively a week ago. Now I gotta based my new house design and color AROUND the furniture.

Doesn't seemed very intelligent.

powered by performancing firefox

No comments: