Thursday, September 14, 2006

Acting

I was walking back to my office yesterday and stumbled upon a filming in process.

Adrian Pang was there posing as a waiter. The rest I'm not really sure who they are.

The entire Ya Kun was blocked off due to the filming.

There are about 10+ extras sitting within the cafe, pretending to be customers.

This really bring back memories for me, when I was very keen in exploring an opportunity to establish myself in showbiz.

My first time was with Channel U. It was a comedy sitcom based in Ancient times. So I got to dress up like an Ancient Chinese men. That took about a whole day and provided me with an extra income of $20. And it also made me realised that I might not be suitable for this business. Because my face just look too big on tv. Think William Hung.

My 2nd and final involvement was an outdoor shoot. I get to play a Policeman this time round and acted with Kit Chan and Marco Lo. I even get to say something and sit in a mock-up police car. Half a day and $50. Come to think of it, I have it on tape. Maybe I can try to Youtube it.

But my focus wasn't on the main actors. It was on all the extras sitting aimlessly in the cafe, waiting for the whole thing to come to an end. For everyone else, they are actively doing something. The cameraman is trying to get the best shot, the director is organzing. But the extras, they just wait and wait.

I'm sure a few of them are in this for quick buck. But surely there will be a couple who are into this in hope for something greater.

Which was what I used to think too. But with the myraid and the rate that Idols/Superstar shows are sprouting, performing real badly during the audition has a higher chance of providing one with an easier path.

No comments: