Monday, September 25, 2006

Damn good food at a damn good price

And it sure was at Botak Jones.

Hearing the ad over and over again on the radio really got me excited about these all american food. I'm always into burgers and was so excited when Carl Junior came into town. Though I never stepped into that place after my 2nd attempt. It tasted too Burger King.

I had read about Botak Jones in the papers some time ago. It was opened by this Ang Moh. The interesting about his food is it is located at Tuas and at a coffeeshop, the first deemed by many to be the lousiest location one would consider and the 2nd you normally won't associate ang moh with.



Fast forward to present, he has two more branches at Ang Mo Kio and Clementi.

For those who had tried our current Do-&-Me standard of Western food, you are going to be surprised by Botak Jones.

Imagine having Billy Bombers kind of standard at coffeeshop and at coffeeshop prices.

They even have mustard for your burgers. That is something I don't even see at Billy Bombers.



The portion was huge too.

I had trouble keeping the fries from falling out of my plate. With sprinkling of pepper and chilli powder on it, it sure keeps your fingers busy.



You must be asking, " where's the meat?"

It's under that patch of cheese at the top. The thick pattie (close to an inch) was dipped into cheese for the final touch.

Verdict? Bagus! But will they kindly open a branch in Tampines or anyway else in the east?

2 comments:

Kelvin said...

Thanks for sharing! Will definitely check out the Ang Mo Kio branch (I'm in Tampines too, sigh). I agree with u about Carl's Junior. Botak probably beats Carl hands down.

adriantan18 said...

No problemo kelvin.

Which part of Tampines are you staying at? I'm at blk 285.

And help to say hi to your cute baby. :)