Wednesday, November 01, 2006

CA Burger @ Changing Appetite

Following my attempt to try all the nice burgers I could possibly find, I made a trip to Changing Appetite at the advice of my new friend Kelvin.

He tried it after reading the rave review on Asiaone. And this guy is like the burger addict. So his recommendation alone should worth many pennies.

The place was having this Halloween theme on the day I was there. Zombies, nuns, monsters would be serving instead of your normal waiter(ess)



They sure took pains to do up the decor. But it could be a bit distracting to keep having such "creatures" breezing past the corner of your eye.


If you break it, you ate too much

The burger took quite a while to arrive but looking at the presentation, it sure was worth the wait.



And it came with my fave. ONIONS!!!

One shortcoming though. It made me realised why beef pattie in burger are so dry. So that they will hold together and not fall apart when you simply poke your fork into them. So my beef burger ended up becoming Minced Beef with bread.

A.k.a. Roti John.

And I think they can do a better job at melting the cheese over the pattie for some adhesive effect.

Overall it's nice. The serving is huge and the salad carries a huge portion.

But at $11.90, I can have two Botak burgers? ;)

1 comment:

Kelvin said...

Thanks for the pics :)
Hah, I think my cheese was melted the other time. I agree with u about the minced beef, but it's still tastier than beef that is too dry.
Oh, I usually tell them no salad/coleslaw, so that they will give more fries.