Saturday, January 13, 2007

Renovation Costs

My wife and I went to Rezt n Relax yesterday for a discussion on our flat's renovation.



I was pretty much impressed with what the designer had proposed. Her creativity in space planning is greatly admired.



Price tag? $63k. And this doesn't even include the electrical, windows and furnitures.



Our budget for renovation had been $30k. But more research = more wants. So slowly the budget starts to inflate to $40k then $50k.



And now, $63k.



I don't know man. $63k costs more than my car. Do I really wanna(or need to) spend so much?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo... agree with xin on your tag board that $63k is alot for renovation... unless you are going to be staying there for a very long time, it's usually not worthwhile to spend so much.. :p but then again, that's my personal view only lah.. money's not mine, so you do what you want...:) but sometimes, unique, individual designer furniture pieces brings more character to a space than renovation does.... and you can bring them along when you moved too!