Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Game Addict

On 25th Sep at 12pm, I made my way to Suntec City during lunch time.

I was there with my Halo 3 Pre-Order card. For the uninformed, Halo 3 is the third instalment of the Halo game series in which part 2 itself single handedly help Microsoft Xbox game console achieve phenomenal sales record.

The launch event started at 12pm sharp and occupied the entire Suntec tropics atrium. A lot of Xbox 360 stuffs hawkered around but everyone's focus is to get their hand on the game! Many, like me, bought the pre-order card so that they could be the first few to collect the game(plus a goodie bag with a bunch of useless stuffs) and play it.

The queue was so long that it snaked to an exit, all the way outside the air-conditioned building. I was queuing under the blinding sunlight for a good 10 mins before I move back in again.

Standing there was pretty awkward. In my shirt and pants, I feel really out of place between people one generation younger than me. I had even thought of my excuse if somehow there happens to be people from the press interviewing. My answer: it's for my kid.

And if my classmates are reading my blog, yes I skipped class that night so that I could come home and play the game.

Now is day 2 and I think I'm already quite close to the ending. The game didn't turn out as great as I thought. It's always like that. When you yearn and expect something for too long, you are bound to get disappointed.

Still, it is good fun. Kept the utilities company happy that's for sure.

I just hope the game is longer than I thought.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You are not really that old...yet...Haha...