Wednesday, October 10, 2007

$3/$4/$5



I had prawn mee for lunch today. And given that I was pretty hungry, I requested for a mid size portion ($4) to satisfy myself.

When i finally reach my seat with my food, I sense something is amiss. I was thinking to myself did I said I want $4 earlier on. This sure doesn't look $4 to me because one don't get only TWO!! prawns at that price.

My colleagues ordered the same as me. Being ladies they definitely had ordered the $3 and they have same number of prawns as me! What's going on? Where did my additional $1 mysteriously go to? Did the auntie meant a mid-sized bowl for a dollar more?

And the prawns doesn't even taste that nice anymore. Or maybe $4 meant prawns with tangier meat.

Whatever the case is, I felt cheated.

When shopper get conned with an over-priced camera or ridiculously-priced timeshare scheme, they always have CASE to turn to. What about for cases(no pun intended) like mine?

I think this calls for a boycott (and even an online petition!! if I ever learned how to start one). I demand hawker start to itemize what they meant when I upsize. I know what I get at McDonald. Larger fries and a large coke. But hawker food, how the hell would one know if the hawker doesn't state clearly that:

$3 = two prawns
$4 = two prawns
$5 = two prawns + extra soup.

It's obvious consumer misrepresentation(that module in law finally came in useful).

And given that I can't cook to save my life, hawker food is my basic necessity! And when I can afford more, I don't expect to be short-changed!

It's akin to going to Shell station to pump V Power and they still put in 92. WTF!!??

Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I think maybe the additional $1 goes to the noodle and the chili? Haha!