Tuesday, October 09, 2007

School Project

Today I did something that I have only done once before. That is to kick someone out of a project group. Despite my lack of patience, I consider myself to be a pretty tolerant man. The myriad of free riders who had done their school project with me would be the best testament.

But you catch me on the wrong foot, my tolerance would quickly evaporate.

Which is what happen today after I notice that the sales for my company is at its worst, compared with the same period over the past few months. And we only added less than $2k after one week of operation! This is despite the fact that we have 3 more sales person and all of them are already operational.

With that, I temperamentally decided not to include a free rider into the business IT project that is due submission today. This guy since lesson 1 did not even bother to understand about the project. He doesn't even have the desire to attend class. My tolerance of him should have expired long ago.

There is another one on my team that I really would want to kick out too. But I reckon I would be over-ruled since she is closer to the balance 2 contributing team members. But then again, I didn't ask. Hmmm...

She is another one that I don't understanding what gave the impulse to pay more than $3k for a diploma course so that you would attend lesson sporadically and even if she comes, it make just the perfect place for her to sms. Yes, her handphone reception work best in a classroom environment.

These are people that need this piece of paper much more than me. They don't get it, they just have a O or N level which we all knows are as valuable as color paper now. But they doesn't give a damn about it. It's just right I return the favour towards them.

On a happier note, I am on my 7th session in my final semester. My last lesson would be on Nov the 4th.

Oh yeah. No more being in the same room with some many stupid & ungrateful dumb-ass. You know how being around a moody person could make one down too? I think the same would apply to stupidity. Kudos to my high immune system

Life is going to be normal again.

I'm so happy I could cry.

Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Joe Goh said...

Perhaps your project group mate is like the guy described here: http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert_blog/2007/10/some-people.html

Seriously though, good move with kicking those loafers out. I've had to tolerate project-freeloaders during my days in uni too, and although I did learn a lot from the experience, they added LOADS of unneccessary stress to my already stressful student life back then. But student life stress is completely different compared to working life stress eh?