Thursday, November 08, 2007

First Birthday Party in 28 years

I just woke up from a birthday party yesterday that was meant for me and Roseleen. It was organized by my co-workers and friends from the company. In retrospect, I don't remember having any major birthday party or celebration. I'm not really a birthday person. I always tell people that birthday just meant you didn't die for another year. What a pessimist I am.

Outside the personal ones that my wife did for me, the most memorable thing I did on my birthday was a gym session which was followed by a North Indian cuisine treat from an ex-colleague from Starhub & a full body medical check-up that involved urine & blood test.

I never looked forward or thought I would enjoy a birthday party but I was proven wrong yesterday. I'm quite sure the waterfall drink that I had played a huge convincing part. The entertainment by the performers at Icon Bar was a catalyst.

But the main ingredient would be the people who were there and made it happen. The opportunity to communicate with my co-workers on a personal level was nice. I should have done so more often before.

A big thank you to everyone who were there and changed my perception towards birthday party after 28 years. ;)


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: