Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm back! (w/o forwarded emails)

Back to writing something at least. Realized I have not been writing much since close to 2 weeks ago. Since then, those postings are more or less extracted from forwarded mails(as if I need to point it out, duh.)

Maybe age has caught up with me(excuse). Just can't think of any material to write about.

But something strikes me. Am I writing a book?! I'm not, so why the fuck should I care. Blogging should be about expressing something publicly that you don't give a hoot to what other people feels(ironic, isn't it)

In anycase, here's something to share. Do you agree that a person's salary is actually paid for two aspects? 1 is for you to do the job itself. The other part is to accept the kind of (possible)rubbish, politics, scoldings thrown in your direction.

Maybe I have been on the other side of the table, I could concur with how employer feels. And what I went through, I believe, will make me a better employee.

A job is still a job. Yes, it may be boring, it may be dumb. Procedures shouldn't be done this way, they should use a computer for god's sakes. Still, it's human nature to be complainsive. Who have you ever hear praising their company or boss because they allow him/her to take half day urgent off even though they are short-handed?

Nope, you will only hear people complaining about the same boss who did not let you go off early by 30 mins because you need to meet your partner for a 6.30pm movie.

I guess I don't really have a point here. But if you apply this to a relational perspective, an employee should always remember when you are choosey over others, others are also choosey over you. Do you logically think you have the market value to be choosey? Or you feel so because your everything-also-follow-your-thinking spouse say you should be Singtel CEO instead?

1 comment: