Monday, September 19, 2005

The next in thing - mp3 phone

I read an article about this sometime ago, touting that mp3 phones will be the next in thing. Before I could even start pondering about the content, wham!, mp3 phones started(and still are) flooding the market.

I just went through all of them and shortlisted 3 potential ones that should be the main contenders:

1) Motorola ROKR



This is Motorola's collaberation with Apple to create the first iPod phone.

2) Sony Ericsson W800i


One color, orange. Nice camera features and pleasant aesthetics. I reckon this target the female segment but I kinda like it. This is the only one out in the market now.

3) Nokia N91




My fave amongst all. The bulkest too but maybe it's due to the *gasp* 4Gb internal memory! That is like so many songs.

Why am I writing this? Because I am d...y...i...n...g to get a new phone. My current O2 Giant XDA II seems to be growing bigger as the day goes by. Or maybe my hand is shrinking? In any case, my age is catching on and I seldom drop by the gym. It is a torture for me to hold the dumb-bell
phone next to my ear for a long period of time. My arms will just give way.

Anway I'm still young mah. This kind of executive phone can used when I'm 30s or what.

So for now, I just want a phone that looks and feels like a phone. Plus point would be that it comes with a decent camera(all 3 has it), FM radio(I think only Sony has, Nokia can get add-on), simple OS(I luv Nokia's), and of course Mp3

My question is.. which one to get?? *hand pulling hair out*

All 3 are like so matching my requirement. I can only choose one and I must do it fast before my birthday

Functionally, I would choose Sony's. Simply because it has built-in FM receiver. For a public transport enthusiat like me, this is excellent! My past 2 nokia has that so I really missed it since I changed. It only comes with 512 mb but how many songs can 1 really listen right? Anyway I will delete most old songs. Can't take repetition too much.

Physically, Nokia one is really a beauty right? Albeit I always feel too expensive a phone is a bit over the top but it's a good time to reward myself bah.. haha *excuse*

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

moto phone got no fm radio leh..

i like the sony one but the orange colour is too loud for me.

adriantan18 said...

motorola i read from reviews that it is quite sucky. slow and all.

But i realised sony has another model which is of a normal color. black/dark blue. model is W750i. If you read the specs, it is exactly the same as this orange one.

But they market one as a mp3 phone, the other market as a camera phone. Somemore the w750i is cheaper..

Ahh.. so tempting! Think I will blow next month salary on it. hehe

Anonymous said...

Buy w800i!! its a fantastic phone! My colleague using!! Champion phone!! Cool...1st time i support sony ecricsson coz really gd phone! Trust me!! =P