Saturday, September 17, 2005

My take on Singapore - Bugis

Sorry that I took more than 1 month to post another entry about Singapore. As I mentioned in my first post about my neighbourhood Tampines, I would hope these pictures would give non-locals reading my blog a local impression of Singapore. These are the stuff you can't get in those glossy brochures. :)

And to create a continuity identity, I will title all such posts as "My take on Singapore"

BUGIS



Red, red housing.



Street markets



Hawker centre. Selling food.



That is the gantry that scan the vehicles that passes through, deducting toll charges electronically.



An indoor street market. This is a new place, selling all sorts of stuffs. Mainly clothes. Interesting place, I got lost in the maze. You really can't tell the size of the place from outside. It reminds me of Chatuchak at Bangkok minus the heat and the bargaining.



Crowded isn't it?




The convenience of our efficient public transport.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urgh.. u sure make me feel homesick.... sigh.

adriantan18 said...

dun sigh..

i did this partly to let you keep in touch with what's at home. :)