Saturday, December 17, 2005

Festive seasons

SO many festive periods are lining up.

Xmas, NY, Hari Raya, CNY.

In Jan particularly, there are only 18 working days. Wow.

I have two big bags of xmas presents in my room now, awaiting my wife to start wrapping them. It must be the first time in my life I have so many things in my room that doesn't belong to me.

I seriously think that xmas are invented by women. Can apply retail therapy with valid excuse. Similiarly, fashion shows are invented by men. Can ogle at other women with a valid license also.

But still, it always feel good to see other people glimming with joy from the little efforts you put in.

So I'm really comtemplating if I should stay in Singapore over the next CNY. Maybe it's just me. I really couldn't stand another put-on-a-smiley-face situation and pretend I so missed the relatives, whom I surely would not be meeting just once a year if I am so close with.

Thoughts about going bangkok did come to my mine. Should be quite cheap. But somehow public holidays come, inflation sets in. That is something my economics lecturer never taught.

So a $200 tour become $400. I'm still calculating how much my outgoing ang pows would costs. If less than that, BKK here I come!

No comments: