Saturday, December 03, 2005

Red Bomb Alert

Received this a week ago. I thought it was a promo card from some holiday agency and was about to discard it away til I open it up.
Wow. It's my classmate's wedding invitation card. The theme of their wedding is "Journey of a Lifetime". It is pretty creative of them I must say. The leaflet within is actually parking direction that is designed to look like a boarding pass.

With so much details paid to just the card alone, I'm sure no efforts and expenses would be spared for the actual dinner. I can't wait to witness the grandeur later tonight.

I actually just attended a wedding last month. And another has been confirmed in June 2006. I'm expecting more.

It seems like a common thing for people in the mid 20s. Your friend starts to settle down and get married. A symbolism of a life's transition.

In time to come, we will have kids to take care of and bills to pay off.

It is actually quite hard for me to fanthom that thought. Maybe I never really prepared myself mentally.

I had the same feeling when one of my friend got his own car. He was the first amongst us and we were only 18. One day we were a group of kids sitting on the floor of the MRT heading towards Orchard, having fun and making a mockery out of ourselves. Next, we are sitting in his car being driven to places few people of our age would have the convenience to go to.

Life's transition seemed to be moving at a faster pace than I could keep up with. Just when you yet to get used to a set of responsibilities, another one get thrown onto you.

Maybe it's just my pessimism. I'm glad to have a wife who is so optimistic and teaches me to look at the sunny side of things. And of course, to share the responsibilities with. :p

No comments: