Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Ge Tai wedding

Actually this post is still under construction. My stupid friend never send me the photos he took with his camera. He still trying to figure out how to shrink the 2mb pics.

Anyway, I attended a wedding dinner at Orchid Country Club last sunday.

Quite a last min affair. We only knew about it in Jan.

I'd been there before but never to this specific ballroom. This must be the largest one they'd.



There were about 53 tables I think. Saw the stage? That one is no ordinary stage. That is a ge tai stage! Once you saw Lin Ru Pin come up the stage, you would know what to expect.

The wedding dinner suddenly feel like the 7th month (so auspicious hor). I thought it was quite interesting and kept exclaiming to everyone at office. But I seemed to be the ah mao. They have either heard of or attended such before. And it was also at Orchid.

It was interesting at first lah but the speaker must be right beside my table meh.

Oh well, I heard the dishes are good:




The first one is lobster cold dish. Combined with the rest, this is like the most expensive dinner ever hor.

Sadly they spent so much money on the food but not enough to get a good chef. The best dish on the list to me was the fried thread noodles. Remind me of the Maxwell market beehoon I have for breakfast.

Lucky I give $80 only

But nice to see all my old high school friends again. Got a few I'd not met since I graduated in 1996.

Now if only I have more pics to complement this posting...



One whole Abalone!!!... If only it has some taste.


The lovely couple. Their turn next in June. Don't Ge Tai also ok.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be nice meeting up with your old classmates. :) I haven't seen mine for a looong loooong time, don't think will be invited to their weddings cos I din invite them to mine :p (only invited 3 old classmates and Ms Quek.. u remember Ms Quek, History/ English teacher at HS?)

adriantan18 said...

oh yes it is. my best friends are all from the high school era.

you should try to catch up with them if you can when u are back here. i always think it is fate that pull a group of people into the same sch and become friends.

Ms Quek of course remember. haha. i think she also left the school already?