Sunday, February 26, 2006

Accident

Just when I thought we could head home and I could take a lazy nap, BANG!!!

The taxi we were in done an urgent brake to avoid hitting the car in front that did the same thing. However the kar-chng of the taxi wasn't so lucky.



The impact was both shocking and painful. I hurt my right ear via impact although I'm fine now. My mum and my wife hurt their back. My niece thought it was fun.

The taxi we took couldn't even moved. One of the tyre got stucked during impact.



The driver of the Peugeot was a Japanese-Indo I think and he doesn't speak Mandarin so I had to act as the translator. Seemed like a young chap thus I don't think he is a seasoned driver. His hand was trembling as he tries to make numerous calls for assistance.

Suddenly a car stopped in front of us and the driver expressed concern. The driver and his wife ferry us to Changi General Hospital for a medical check-up.



Coincidentally this guy is a Claim Advisor. He specialized in settling insurance claims issue in motor accident.

So now I know that in accidents like this, the passengers can actually make full medical claim if they make immediate doctor visit. Even your MC can be claimed. Every day of MC is regarded as a day of lost income so they will reimburse you on that too.



But that should take a while(6 months at least). So I had to fork out the consultation fee and was just informed to make a police report too. Will do that tomorrow. Too tired from today's adventure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, is ur mom and wife ok now? The traffic looked slow moving leh, the impact was big?

This reminds me of my previous accident with our Rav4. I was the driver (hubby beside me) and a sedan banged into our 1-week old car on the slip road out from ECP to bedok. Total repair costs from that guy's insurance for our car - $28k. Was quite harrowing and felt damned gek sim then... but now, I am quite proud to think I have ever been in an accident before . Not everyone will get to experience it wat...

Dim Sum Mei Mei said...

aiyo take care wor... Adrain wan go clubbing tis sat(4/3/06)? Come accompnay my dear la..heheheee

adriantan18 said...

they are fine, thanks for your concern. :)

The impact is maybe akin to two bumper car banging into yours at the same time. But that is from a front seat passenger's perspective.

wah! 1 week and it goes to the workshop. Really heart pain.

I was involved in an accident during my NS too. Pretty traumatize but I guess it also seasoned me a little on what to do during an accident, not that i wish to be in one again.

adriantan18 said...

wah! I just accident yesterday and you now ask me go clubbing ah.. haha.

Accompany your dear ah. Hmm.. like very make use of me leh. I got what Hao Chu? :p

Go where club?

Dim Sum Mei Mei said...

so this tell u tat when u take ur own car, u MUZ be CAREFUL...

Dim Sum Mei Mei said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.