Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A driver's life

Since I gotten the car a week ago, I have not had home cooked dinner. Even my mum would prefer me to ferry her out to far far places to eat.

When transport is not an issue, food would suddenly seemed to taste better the further they are located.

So now the chicken rice at Tampines 201 can no longer do. Must go Tuas and have their industrial smog flavoured one instead



But it had been interesting.

Crawling along the highway, last minute switching of lanes, stupid drivers, road works, stupid drivers.

Compare this to me taking the MRT to Pasir Ris so as to grab a seat and drool away in the past.
Going to work now is like an adventure!


ROUTES

Learning the routes to move around has been challenging. Trying to find the shortest distance. Trying to find the shortest distance without ERP. Trying to find the shortest distance without ERP and traffic jam.

IT.IS.IMPOSSIBLE.


ILLEGAL PARKING

Things get interesting here. Parking at home is still okay. About $60+ per month.

As I worked in CBD, parking is very expensive. You have rates like $180 - close to $300. Just to have a space to park your car!

That's like how much I spent on petrol the whole month.

So how can a poor man like me park his budget sedan without burning my pocket?

Just like what we learn in the Army. You can do anything you want.. just don't get caught. And so far I haven't.

Now: One coupon whole day.

Next: One coupon one month

(I'm gonna be selfish and not reveal where this place is. Hehe)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, email me and tell me where that is leh! So I can get a car too when I start work again (if I do)! URA's parking v ex ...