Thursday, June 15, 2006

Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe

Ever since I came back to Singapore, I have been missing the local food in Hong Kong.

Their salty wanton mee, the mangoes!, the cafe dishes, dim sums.

It would be good if I could get to try them again without flying over.

And yesterday I chanced upon a place that looks pretty promising. Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe. Found at Kovan City

I only knew yesterday Kovan City is the old Hougang Interchange. Kovan sounds more cheem. More Ang Mohsz.

Anyway the place is open 24 hours on certain days. A good supper place.



I love their decor. It brings out the things that one would be highly exposed to when in Hong Kong. Like the maps...



The trams...



Unfortunately money gone into the design budget means lesser for the chef. The food was only so-so to me. Whether it replicates the same dish at Hong Kong I don't know since I never try the same one over there.

But it sure didn't get my tongue excited.



And why does all these Hong Kong cafe like to sell their tea, coffee and ying yan so bloody expensive? $3 for an ice tea? The ice or the tea import from Hong Kong? Or is it the metal tin cup that I bought at Beach Road for my NS that cost 50 cents?

At least I know now where Kovan is.

No comments: