Thursday, August 09, 2007

My NDP eve

I spent a relaxing evening with my wife at Great World City yesterday. And I clocked less than 5 mins I think from my office to my destination. The cheap thrill in life.

Anyway we caught Rush Hour 3. Must be real exciting and scary that I caught her with her eyes closed.. twice.

Rush Hour 1 is still the best in this franchise. Shanghai Knights were even better. But I feel that Jackie Chan should just come back for good. The fight scenes in RH 3 is a fraction of a typical HK Jackie Chan movie. The rest goes to seeing Chris Tucker talking like a very annoying women.

For those who love the Char Kway Teow at Zion Road market, do give the lesser queue( or zero queue) stall a try. It's actually quite good.

Before the movie, we drop by this new place called Iwannagohome. Don't bother googling for it. Their website is in flash, you can't locate any link. Now I know why my web designer insist the website has certain html elements. Click here for their website.

This place is owned by the guy who founded Royal Sporting House and who once owned the distribution rights of Zara and Mango. All those were sold and his stakes are all in this furniture place. He is one good (shrewd?) businessman to achieve all these.

To find out more about the place without dropping by Great World City, just imagine a very expensive(and small) IKEA. The premium you paid of course go to the nicer design in many ways.

Like the printed toilet paper with pictures of football and other stuffs that cost $7 a roll. I rather wash my ass than use a single sheet of that.

They sell many expensiv candles shaped in fruits and things you can't possibly imagine. I wonder how much it cost to make a candle?

No bedroom stuffs. They do have one full rack of rubbish bins in black, white and orange. I guess those must be one of their better selling items given the stock levels.

One of the vase did catch my eye. And also a few mini Qin warrior kind of sculpture. But the latter would be like a thorn in my home.

The vase is just like a gigantic glass. I only need to get pass the price tag.. ($299)

No comments: