Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Honesty isn't the best policy. Silent is.

I just realized that a 4th blogger may be charged under the Sedition Act.

As much as I believe in freedom of speech, there are certain things that is better kept inside your head. Yes, I thought I could also be honest annoynomously on the Internet. You are behind a veil afterall.

But that's life. There will always be certain things you won't voice out due to possible dire consequences. I found out the hard way when I was much younger.

Being curt and straightforward was what I deemed to be my characteristics. I would just say things based on how I feel and how I see it. Hurt your feelings? That's your own problem.

Just like all causes, there is an effect. People started to ostracize me and in turn, I started to keep things to myself.

But it was good training though as I went into NS as a super low profile person coz I seldom talk. Of course, the low morale of being in-camp helps too.

Joining to become a Customer Service Officer after army forced me to talk, a job that I'm grateful for as otherwise, I would continue to be that muted boy.

One thing lead to another and soon I seemed to be ostracized again. For my actions and my big mouth, which also earned me a nickname that is the same as my real initial T.C.K (Tua Chwee Keong)

People who knew me from then til now would probably realise I had mellowed down, talked much less. It a precaution. Don't talk, most likely I can't possibly offend anyone.

Good or bad? I don't know.

What I know is telling the truth requires the listener to possess an uncanny ability to accept the truth. Of course phrasing can also have differing effects. But that's so much work. It's like writing a report for submission. You write the draft, you proofread, you re-do it, you show others for comments, then you come out with the final drafts and then make minor adjustments. By then the topic would already be stale and rotten

If these bloggers had kept to themselves, they wouldn't be in the spotlight now. Freedom of speech or a bad consequence? The choice is quite simple.

No comments: