Thursday, October 06, 2005

My hobby is to play mah-jong

I met my ex classmates a week ago for a reunion dinner. We were talking about how we kinda missed school. Missed it in a sense that it occupied our non working hours meaningfully.

And because you paid for it very expensively, you will force yourself to participate in all scheduled lessons, tutorials, projects meet-ups, etc.

We graduated last Dec after two years of part-time studies. Most of us yearn for a break, to take a short breather before planning the next step. It is now Oct and we are still planning. Or rather, we are trying to start planning.

Also it's rather hard to get a buddy to participate in the recreation that you want to embark on.

I wanted to try diving but find it expensive and keep procrastinating.

Ideas were tossed across on what could we may do and enjoy together.

It seems mahjong is one thing.

This is something that had kept me occupied for quite a number of weeks for the past few months. Not a cheap time-burner if you suck at it and I do suck at it.

Is life in Singapore really so limited???

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wa lao, is this going to be another p0lice case. will the p0lice invite the student to lim kopi?

Unknown said...

sori, comment on the wrong post.

the abv shd be for the LTA one.

Unknown said...

procrastination is the mother of all evrl.

mahjong?....I LIKE!

Celest Khoo said...

Hi,
diving is not ex as you think.
could be around 300-500.
i guess some courses of this nature (where it includes equipment, pool sessions, travelling, accomodation)
this amt wld b fair enough. furthermore, you get your certification at the end of it all.
smile.
or you cld do wake-boarding?
im planning to take roller blading
after my driving.
interested to coach me?
*smile*

Gabrielle said...

diving is not expensive really.. there are packages where u dive overseas, get to travel and still get a license at the same time.

adriantan18 said...

maybe I should better utilize my time....

Playing mahjong underwater..

Anonymous said...

life in singapore can be limited...and weekends can sometimes be scary, becos of the lack of things to do. Guess like wat your friend diggie said, "just do it". And yes, getting a diving licence is not expensive at all.

Waiting for my bb to come out so that I can spend my weekends more productively....