Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A Meaningless Life

What is this life I live? Everything seems like an illusion.
Every day passes like a haze in utter confusion
I crave to discover the mysteries that lie beyond
The comprehension of an ordinary human mind
Like the stretch of shimmering sand on a lonely beach,
My mind wanders aimlessly to the places where my body can't reach.
My desperate dreams lie suppressed,
Within the cavity of my heart waiting to be fulfilled
This is endless wait I know deep in my heart
But still this restlessness tears me apart.
From this excruciating mental pain I want to be free.
Why the mystery still continues to elude me?
Hopeless I longingly wait for that day,
As of now, it seems so very far, far away.

Author: Kavitha
Kavitha, 18, lives in Calcutta, India and likes bird-watching and playing her guitar.

No comments: