Thursday, May 25, 2006

Shen Zhen

It never occur to me that I will step into China in my twenties. In my mind, China is still a pretty backward country that is much more suitable for leisure trips paid with your CPF.

But my travel mates all wanted to go so what the heck.

We took the KCR (akin to MTR but another company) from Mongkok KCR all the way to Lo Wu station. Some stations are really far in between but the train was pretty quick. 45 mins ride.



You drop off the train, cross the HK custom, then a river that divides the island and I'm in China for the very 1st time.



This is what you'll see once you move out of China Immigration. For newbies, you may already be harbouring intentions to U-turn but this ain't the place to tour around.

You need to take their subway to Guomao, which is one station away.



Check out their fare card. It's like a coin. Contactless scanning at the gantry. You drop it into the gantry when you exit.



I think the paintwork on the train is not up yet.



See. It's just like Hong Kong here. No rural, uncivilized peasants. Those would be us as we wowed loudly everytime we see something worth wowing over.



This should be your first stop. Jin Kwang Hua Guang Chang. Follow my instructions. Your tongue won't regret.



The things are upmarket brands but you don't come to shop. You come here to eat like a King! Muhahah

If time is of essense, you should make a mad rush to the top floor and head to this place. I can't recall the name but these are the posters outside it.



This is fine-dining at budget price. But be awed by the ambience more than the food.

Show you what I mean.




Even the toilets are amazing. They spreaded numerous unisex cubicles in a big room. It has plastic sheets on the toilet cover. Press a button and it automatically changed to a fresh one for you. How more class can it get!

The cuisine....



SHOPPING

How can one go to Shenzhen without shopping. From the restaurant, you need to walk a fair bit to locate their shopping streets. It's closely modelled after Taipei's Xi Men Ding.



I didn't get much as I don't really fancy their fashion sense, nor Hong Kong's.



Piglet for pets anyone? Cruel, I know...

DINNER TIME

It should be quite obvious that I fancy food over shopping.

We headed back to the immigration area to the shopping centre beside it(There's only 1). A 2 hour massge and all of us gotten hungry.

You need to go to this restaurant on the top floor. There are two on opposite ends and one should have a queue. It's queuing time.

Peking duck, drunken prawns, hotplate beef, etc... *slurpz*



Our prawns drowning in wine



That's all the time we had for Shenzhen. We took the last train back to our hotel, it was close to midnight.

My parting shot of Shenzhen, taken at the bridge to the train platform. I love this pic. Like so pro. haha



To be continued...

No comments: