Monday, May 22, 2006

Tsim Sha Tsui

"The mighty wind was slapping us in all directions..."



It was typhoon signal number 3. It was supposedly heading to signal 8(the next tier) and that means everyone indoor. Fortunately luck is on us.



This is so Hong Kong right.



Space Musuem but we didn't enter. Tell me that is a shopping mall, I may consider. haha

Via the underground tunnels, we made our way to New World Centre & Sogo. Avenue of Stars is right behind the former.



We risked our dry clothes to bring you these photos.



This is my new wallpaper for now.



Based on Silly Celly's recommendations, we made our way to Lai Chi Kok. It's located on Castle Peak Road. Take a cab. The MTR station is bit far to walk.



We went in close to 7pm and spent most time at the Adidas factory outlet. Bought myself a pair of street soccer boots at HK$180!! And no, I didn't steal the signboard.

Dinner was at Jordan Road. We had the world's saltiest wanton noodle. Their oyster sauce there must be damn cheap. HK$18 each. I ordered this fried fish skin side dish. Know about it from some HK series.



I love these vintage bottles.

We proceeded to Temple Street next. It's a famous night market, a must-go.



Da Pai Dang. Too bad we missed it.



The people there sure loves their mahjong



Too bad can't locate Pan Jin Lian street. :p



You just can't stop eating when you are in Hong Kong. Desert was next. I had this milky thing... every single day. Not cheap though. About HK$20. Cost more than our Wanton Mee.



This is nearby Ladies Street. At one of the centre, there's this Esprit factory outlet. They carry out of season collection. I got a pants at HK$119~!



I think we bought enough to open our own Espirit factory outlet.

To be continued...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Wynn .I saw the photo u posted,is quite interesting :) (nice photo he he)
Im just came back from Hong Kong last week and is really enjoy to shopping there,But where u get the adidas stuff? when I was there,I cant see any single Adidas factory outlet.....and you just spent HK180 dollars for the shoe!!!!.....IS VERY CHEAP LA......ha ha ha (sorry I a bit too excited)
Don't mind let me know where the Adidas located?please.....

adriantan18 said...

Hi Wynn

So you intend to go again soon? I love that place too.

The area is called Lai Chi Kok. It has a MTR station. You need to make your way to Castle Peak Road, Hong Kong Industrial Centre. It is situated behind a main road so better to just get the cab driver to bring you there.

They have 3 blocks and I think Adidas is on blk B, level 7. The factory outlet isn't big but the price is really good.

You have a blog? Can share with me the pics you taken there?

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the information (I will write into my "shopping note" ha ha)
I’m planning to visit Hong Kong again by myself,bc the Hong Kong Trip I went is a company business trip.( I really miss Hong Kong)
And I saw a hotel photo that you taken,is Royal plaza Hotel rite? Ha ha ha I also stay there too he he he, I was surprise that the hotel room are big (Is sad I forgot to take photo)

I don’t have any blog but...I do have a photo gallery he he he (just a few photo that I took he he he hope u don’t mind)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seven12

p/s:U just drop me a comment....

adriantan18 said...

woo.. company trip is good. everything free. :)

The hotel is nice isn't it. But a bit far from the interesting places hor. Walk til my back hurts.

That Aqua pub place looks cool. We had wanted to go some pubs or disco but they don't seemed to have any zouk or MOS.

Anonymous said...

The Aqua Pub is one of the famous Pub in Hong Kong,
They at 北京道1(sorry I cant remember the building But I can check with my boss ha ha)and is open view
and u can enjoy your drink with beautiful Night Hong Kong view.....Arhhhh Hong Kong really drive me crazy!!!