Friday, August 12, 2005

JTC - Your understanding employer

Excerpts from Today:

Asked why the JTC board had retained him for so long, Mr Lim said: "He's a human being who's trying, and he has a family to feed."

After reading the article on Today, I would like to vote for JTC to be the most compassionate employer of the year. Hopefully my vote can further propell and encourage other organizations, especially GLCs, to follow suit.

It is with my utmost admiration that even though somehow Mr Andrew Kuan, or Mr President wannabe:

1) Managed to weave through the entire recruitment/selection process (I saw that JTC is PDS certified, so should be quite pro hor)
2) Charm the board of directors or top management during his final round
3) Passed his reference checks (I believe you all got do hor, unlike the Hyflux. If they had checked with you, they won't have this same problem)
4) And cracks start to surface in 9 months...

But still JTC remains positive and understanding. He has family to feed after all and a big family too I supposed with the kind of CFO remuneration package. And to top it and show sincerity, give him another 2 years 3 months to try.

Even though his scope is to handle one of the largest bank accounts in Singapore and tax-payers' money I might add.

You will be my role model for many years to come, to becoming the next most admired organization with an enormous compassionate heart.

Yours truly....

2 comments:

Da Froggie said...

You make it sound so fishy altogether...I do not think such compassionate employer exists...honestly.

aspiringwife said...

LOL, he is juz being sarcastic! haha... of cos, ESP in spore, there'll 0.000001% chance of such a compassionate employer...