Thursday, August 04, 2005

Project YawningStar...

Zzzzz....

This post was supposed to be my personal take on today's episode of the competition. But I didn't catch the show. Not that I couldn't, but I just can't be bothered to.

You know the feeling when a ktv session drag too long? Everyone's tired, looking at their watch, songs repeated, drinks exhausted. This is the same kind of feel I have towards this show.

For ktv session, you could opt not to go with those whom you feel sings a bit too sucky. But this show is different. There are many sucky candidates whom should not be in the first 24 but some are now in the strong 8.

To me, the hype is over. Project Superstar is starting to lose steam. I don't really give a damn who's in, who's out.

If you still can't tell, your sms-es is what that is keeping this show living longer than it should. The ploy to drop two "hot doors" into the revivial round, the ad that play to your emotion of Wei Chong being dropped due to lack of your support.

Mediacorp surely must not be making any profit despite consolidation with Mediaworks, having to resort such tactics.

Entertainment value of the show? Yes. A topic for the pantry? True. A forceful extended life cycle of the show to secure more sms? Couldn't be far from it.

Why do you think they shelve Star Search and created this instead? To really unearth the next Superstar? Give me a break.

No comments: