Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Phuket Day 1

I think even my camera was asleep when I took this pic. We woke up before 5am to prepare ourselves and make our way to the new Budget Terminal for our flight to sunny island of phuket.



It reminded me of my sec sch days, when I had to travel to school in darkness.
.
.
.
Anyway, we were damn ahead of schedule when we reach the budget terminal.

The place wasn't as bad as the name implies. It looks pretty decent. Maybe coz the place's new. Our departure actually coincided with their grand opening.



The entire terminals sort of belongs to Tiger Airways since none of the other budget airlines are keen to migrate over. I can see their point. It's so far away from the main two terminals. Transit would be a logistics nightmare.



For those who are new to Budget Terminal, expensive Han's isn't the only place to fill your stomach.



You could try Killiney Kopitiam in the departure hall, ran by staff who can't make a decent hot milo to save their life.



There are reporters within, interviewing everyone in their path about their views on the new terminal. Annie and I wasn't spared. But with 3 hours of sleep, I don't think our thoughtless answers and pale face stands up to the scrutiny of the editors.



And how to make this budget terminal the Uniquely Singapore feel?

You give out goodie bags of course! *ROAR*



Oh yah. And we took photo with a gigantic M The things you'll see at the airport nowadays.



And actually get a chance to stroll onto the runway and into the plane.

It's a pretty cool experience, if it doesn't rain. And luckily for us, it didn't



And if you didn't notice, the sun's not out yet.. *yawn*



1 hours and 40 mins(plus another 50 mins airport transfer) and we finally arrive at Patong,Phuket.



Our hotel is in Patong, the hippest beach front in Phuket. But then again, we also realized that Patong is a very big place and our hotel happens to be at the backlane, bordering around the perimeter.

Still, it's quite a decent place. Not as good as the one we stayed in last year but passable.








Breakfast sucks though. Taste like dog food.

Our hours were mostly spent wandering around Patong.



Going to the beach....


She loves this pic

Farming....



Buying tonnes of garlic...



Ok, I wished I had.

And of course, ending the day with a sumptous seafood dinner that will otherwise cost me an arm and a leg in Singapore.

Let's see what's on menu:

We have Tom Yam Goong



BBQ prawns(I swear they look bigger in real)



Mussels in tomato Puree (This a thai dish?)



And my all-time fave



YUmmY!

My loot for Day One:



Mine is the orange tee shirt. Somehow this pic don't really do it justice. I can't tell why.....

"To be cont'd...."

No comments: