Friday, March 31, 2006

Phuket Day 2

To compensate our lack of sleep the night before, we woke up after 12 noon the next day. And their time is like one hour before Singapore so we actually slept til 1pm. Shiok I tell ya!

We headed to Central Festival Shopping Centre or "Big C" coz the building resembles one.



And I had my first cup of expresso ever:



My palm is there to show you how small the cup is. And it's really just half a cup, I was drinking whip cream most of the time.

A decent brunch at 500 baht (S$21):



I simply can't get enough of their prawns...

They also have Man U wor



This can be considered the Paragon of Phuket



And their Swensen ice creams are dirt cheap! Can't say the same for Haagan Dazs though.



Mine's the one on the right. Mango A-la mode, whatever that mean. The green stuff is actually sticky rice and you prep it by pouring a small cup of hot coconut milk in.

And because of these, we ran out of sufficient cash to ta pao KFC AND take taxi back.

Given the matter of life-and-death over having their KFC, we had to withdraw 500 baht via the ATM with my credit card.

Yes, I cash advance to eat KFC.

Night came quickly and we went right for our first foot massage of the day. It was at some pasar malam. About 4 bucks for 30 mins.



And how not to cap a night in Phuket without seafood dinner!



As good as it looks on pic, this dinner is pretty sucky. Not all restaurant food are nice. Plus my throbbing headache didn't appetize me either.



Loot of the day!



The adidas there damn cheap. Those two top, $8 a piece. OMG!

Yes, that is also my first couple t-shirt. So Chweeeeettt!

To be contd.....




2 comments:

Kelvin said...

Appreciate your pics. Me and my wife love Phuket too. Did you take a tuk-tuk to that big C mall?
Which hotel did u stay at btw?

cheers,

adriantan18 said...

most welcome.

we took a cab. tried a tuk tuk last time round but wife don't fancy going up and down the steep roads in an oversized and seemingly fragile metal box.

Stayed at Leelawadee Boutique Hotel but there's really nothing much boutique about it, maybe with the exception of the aloof staff you'd come across at boutiques in places like paragon.

We stayed at Aquamarine @ Kamala last year. That was a good one.