Tuesday, January 31, 2006

CNY 2

Another day of pai nian-ing.

We woke up super late today. Best thing is no tranport and our first stop is my 2nd uncle house at...CCK!!... all the way from my Tampines. 27 stations by the way.

I had hoped we took the bus since there is a straight one from our interchange. We could surely get seats and we could just sleep throughout the trip. But my family feels otherwise and went with the train.


West side is so ulu

We finally reached our stop and had to peel my butt from the seats.




Actually I love the west side. I always toy with the idea of finding a house there. It is like domestic immigration to me. Totally new places, totally new people. And west area has much more natural sceneries to relax in.


The journey took a toll on my missus

We were making up for time and didn't stay for long before moving to my Big Auntie house at Woodlands. Day 2 is always about covering the perimeter of Singapore.

I saw this super funny declaration there. It is signed by Timothy, my Big Auntie's grandson:


wahaha. A contract leh. I wonder if the dad would sue if this is breached

We stayed there for 3 years hours listening to non-stop 80s music. I think that got a bit of brain washing effect as I actually started to like the music towards the end.

Moving on, we proceeded to River HongBao. Yeah. Crowded places, my fave.

I believe a lot of people didn't realise this year's one was moved to Padang. All along it had been held opposite Marina Square. Because of that, there was this unncessary jam created.

We thought that the whole thing was finished and I was hoping we could just go straight home but we passed by Padang before the highway.

It wasn't as bad as I thought. I guess my threhold for crowd endurance had gone up with age.


Look like not many people by the side because:


...all queuing for toilets


People....


More people....


... and Hong Bao Na Lai if you wanna drink sucky brand can drinks

The Chai Shen(God of Fortune) is getting bigger and taller. I can barely see it's head. Next time can only take pictures with his lucky toes.




My wife's head is bigger than chai shen. haha

We also saw Ming Yi Venerables from the Ren Ci Hospital. He touched my niece wor! I quickly carry her to spread some bless to myself:



And finally the highlight of the whole thing, the fireworks! We were just in time for the 9.30pm.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like ur postings. very creative and entertaining on this boring chinese new yr. Keep it up, guy!

~anon reader~