Monday, January 30, 2006

CNY day 1


image_00049
Originally uploaded by @drian.
One thing I always like about CNY is how deserted the road and public transport would be since most people would be spending most of their time in other people's house.

Was I wrong man. The road was jammed, the train was packed. Super misled by this view I saw when I stepped out of my house.

We left my place close to noon and went to Ang Mo Kio to my in-laws mother's place.










Our CNY outfits







I'm glad my future bro-in-law managed to borrow a vehicle. It is really so convenient lor.

Very standard, my chu yi will always end up at my cousin place. I always look forward to it. There is air-con, the food is much better(I have no idea what leaves or roots my wife's relatives cooked) and those people are the ones I grew up with.

His place is really cool too:


Because it has a movie theater setup. That's a projector screen there. His house was selected by some magazine before I think. To do a review of his entertainment system.


A PCs room(It looks like a monitoring room to me). You are looking at 3 laptops and two PC below. The LCD TV on the left is really big. A 26" Amoi brand bought at BIG BY SAFE. Now I'm really tempted to get one myself.



A larger than my niece R2D2. And also a robotic vacumn cleaner that I didn't take a picture of. There are a lot more Starwars around the place.



Of course tonnes of gaming console. Annie and Wen Wen totally absorbed into Mario Partyworld 4. Playing Gamecube on a projector screen is really a different kind of experience.

Maybe I can try to emulate. I'll start off small, will get a wireless controller for my xbox first.

No comments: