Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stress

It had been 4 months since I started going back to gym and hoping to hike it up to twice a week.

I'm giving myself plenty of time to prepare for my next fitness test, deadline this Nov but I can't seemed to see any progress. I still can't proceed beyond the 5th round of 2.4 and could only pull myself up at most 5 times. My weight seems to be going up somemore.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm immune to exercise. Just like my other immunities. I am immune to a certain kind of antibiotics, my daily 3 cups of coffee doesn't keep me awake, panedols doesn't seemed to cure me of my weekend headaches(yes, I ONLY get them during weekends. I don't know why) and 12 hours of sleep still makes me a tired man when I wake up.

And I'm still nursing a 5 months old ankle injury that never seemed to heal.

What is Job Stress?

Job stress can be defined as the harmful physical and emotional responses that occur when the requirements of the job do not match the capabilities, resources, or needs of the worker. Job stress can lead to poor health and even injury.

Could it be? I can never take my mind off work after I leave office, during weekends and I even brought a laptop to my honeymoon so that I could check my office mail. Being a natural pessimist and an incessant worrier surely doesn't help.



Maybe this explains my weight problem. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe in thinking about work outside of work, but then, I am an employee, not an employer like you...:) so I can be more 'irresponsible'

As it is, life in Singapore is stressful enough already... you still want more stress during the weekends? I hate it when my hubby think about work during the weekend. Unless he really work on what he's thinking/ stressing about, else, it's quite pointless. And also affects the quality of life of those around you.

Just my 2 cents worth. :p Go play some soccer lah.

Celest Khoo said...

Hi,
at least you r not balding. that's smth right. putting on weight is comparatively better thing yah..
kekekekek.

hmm. im so stress abt work too. im starting to think am i lousy or what.. hate it now staying in office to take my lunch coz my coll is sick. i already got out my wallet n tissue ready to go for lunch then she ask me to stay!
irrtating!
n i cant say anything to scold her.
haiz..

sometimes maybe a mute can express himself better.