Monday, January 09, 2006

The Pondering Smoker

I always think that smoking is good in a certain way. It allows you to take a legal break away from work, it gives you the opportunity to chat up and bond with your fellow smoking colleague & it gives you a period of bliss to reflect and think.

Am I the only one who thinks this way? Yes, it is a long-term killer but it also helps one to destress, gives an opportunity to train your social skills and while doing do extend your social circle. There had been so many stressful situations I could recall that was eventually pacified after a round or two of smoke.

Not forgetting the smokers chat, that bonding, the conversation that led to other things which might had not occured had I not been a smoker. One of the best time I had during NS is when the big group of us go for our smoking break and started our talking cock session. And maybe that's why I always have to bring a pack with me for my reservist.

Smoking alone, my mind always wander. It's during these solitude time that I had came up with many ideas for my school work, my business and just for myself.

I guess the cold rainy period had triggered this thought. My favourite occassion to smoke is at a sheltered coffee club amidst a heavy rain. I think I had also laid off for close to 1/2 a year. It's not by choice as it is becoming a really expensive addiction. Next year, the $$ should be even higher.

But looking out at the rainy weather now, I really wish I had a lighted cigarette to twirl between my fingers. Inhaling the warm thoughts and giving it an acknowledging blow.

Bliss.

No comments: